Friday, January 29, 2010

Response to Jody's comments directed to me....

Jody,

This is not any form of intimidation, harassment, stalking or promoting “hate”. You addressed me personally, so I am only doing the same. I’m not sure this is the type of forum to be doing this, but I have nothing to hide, so if this is where you want to address each other this is ok with me too.


First of all, I assure you and everyone else I can back up what I say also. I do not lie. Posting my opinions or thoughts or things I have been told and have no reason to not believe, does not make me a liar either.


I will first address the issue of the “abortion”. I have never stated that as fact. I did however say that I was told that by a friend of Raye’s from the past that knows her and knew her before Kelsey‘s murder. That was not the only person who told me that. I had/have no reason not to believe what I was told as that person has never lied to me. Also, Porter states that Raye Dawn aborted a child of his, prior to becoming pregnant with Blaine. You say it’s all a lie, but in reality you have no proof it’s a lie, that is just your opinion, I’m sure based on what you consider a reliable source..Raye Dawn and/or Gayla. Just as I cannot say it is fact, neither can you, we are both only going by what we have been told. I have respected your opinion and not called you a liar because you say it isn’t true.


In the beginning of all this, I read documents as they became available, and talked to MANY people. Along the way when someone revealed they knew Raye Dawn BEFORE Kelsey was murdered, if there was an available way to talk to them, I would. I read everything I found on this case. I did not as has been stated, just listen to whatever Kathie said. She also did not “brainwash” me. I read everything, researched and came to my own conclusion. Because my interpretation of the facts and evidence is apparently different from yours, does NOT make me a liar.


I have tried hard to make sure to say if something is my opinion, if I was told or heard it. I feel you on the other hand have purposely mislead the public by stating your opinions as fact. Just as you boldly state as fact that Mike Porter killed Kelsey and sexually assaulted her. That has NOT been proven in a court of law, so it is only your opinion that you state as fact. I believe Raye Dawn killed Kelsey, my opinion based on the facts and evidence of this case as I know them.


You repeatedly state as fact that Lance “ASKED” for a plea for Porter and that is a lie. When in fact the real truth is that when Smothermon went to Lance about the plea, Lance was not comfortable with the amount of time Smothermon was offering in the plea and Lance asked for and got MORE time than Smothermon originally had in the offer. You say you are “good at” investigative research and such. I am then disappointed as a “writer” and “seeker of truth” that you have not researched how that plea came about. I am sure if you were to call Smothermon and ask, he would be honest and tell you that Lance nor any of “the Briggs” asked for him to “give” or offer Porter a plea deal.


You recently stated on your blog, “In fact, the expert witness stated that there was no possible way that Raye Dawn could have injured Kelsey and left the home without Kelsey crying and in a fetal position. Mike Porter and Raye Dawn both agree that Kelsey was on her back and sleeping when Raye Dawn left the house. This proves Raye Dawn's innocence.”
This is incorrect. That is NOT what he stated. Show me in the transcript where he says “there was no possible way that Raye Dawn could have injured Kelsey and left the home without Kelsey crying and in a fetal position.” You can’t, because it isn’t in there. What he DID say is that it could have taken minutes to HOURS for her bleed out. It is also incorrect that Porter agreed that Kelsey was on her back sleeping when Raye left the house.


It appears to me in my opinion, that you intentionally mislead the public in the facts and evidence of this case and misrepresent the truth and facts. Such as, you often state that Smothermon at Raye’s trial stated to Porter that he believed that Porter murdered and sexually assaulted Kelsey. I have NEVER seen where you post the most recent statement by Smothermon, which is where he stated that he “honestly cannot tell you” who killed Kelsey, that there IS evidence which points to each of them. I don’t understand what that is, if it is not intentionally misleading and misrepresenting the facts. I would also point out that Smothermon’s “belief” at the time of Raye’s trial was his “opinion” at that time and nothing more. He did not state it was a fact. If you were to ask his assistant prosecutor she will tell you that she believes that Raye Dawn should have been charged with murder.


I have a question for you? You recently stated that the OCCY report and the Pre-Sentencing reports are not to be believed. The purpose of a pre-sentence report is to aid an appropriate disposition for an offender. Full written pre-sentence reports are to be provided only upon request of a Judge after conviction of an offender. “A presentence report (PSR) is a factual, investigative report.” If a pre-sentencing report is not believable then why would the Court waste the time and money in ordering it? That makes absolutely no sense. I then have to wonder if it had been favorable to RD if it would then be considered “believable” by you. Are we then to seriously believe that those that did the OCCY report, and the pre-sentencing report are all in some state wide “conspiracy” against Raye Dawn Smith? What makes her so special to warrant such a conspiracy? What would be the purpose of such conspiracy?


And I have to respectfully disagree on your statement of “there is no evidence that Raye Dawn did anything to Kelsey except try to protect her.” The truth/fact is that Raye Dawn was confirmed by DHS to be the perpetrator of abuse against Kelsey. In fact, she was the only confirmed perpetrator of abuse to Kelsey. There is evidence Raye was abusive to Kelsey before Porter came into their lives, and not just with that picture.


I have to wonder what your vendetta against Kathie and Lance are. You have stated that you blame Kathie for Raye being in prison, so maybe that is it. I have a hard time trying to figure out and digest the hate and contempt you have for them, since it is always them that are being blamed for everything and discussed and them that are dissected, when they had not only not been in Kelsey’s life the last 4 months of her life, but also had not been with her on Oct. 11, 2005. I have to wonder why your anger and blame and dissection is not on Porter but misplaced on “the Briggs”. They were not in the Porter home on the day Kelsey was murdered. Often you have stated things such as “why isn’t Kathie Briggs in jail”, why wasn’t Kathie at the hearing, etc, etc. Let me ask you a question. What exactly is it that Gayla Smith did to protect Kelsey, or to help keep her safe? See, Kathie wasn’t allowed in Kelsey’s life the last 4 months. She did not see Kelsey, speak to her, or know anything that was going on. Gayla on the other hand was around Kelsey. She saw her condition visually, was able to speak to Kelsey if she wished, and knew what was going on. Yet all she did according to her was to start to “watch him”. If there were things that were concerning her enough for her to start “watching”, then why wouldn’t she contact DHS or the police with her concerns? Why did she not report her suspicions to anyone in an attempt to protect Kelsey? You attack and attack and attack Kathie and Lance, yet they weren’t around Kelsey the last 4 months she was alive.


I was recently sent emails of copies of some things you have posted as recently as December 2009 (one month ago) on other websites. I am having a hard time deciding which scenario you have painted to believe.
Very recently you posted, “My life is more than what I dreamed it could be, but that will never stop me from dreaming.”


On 12/10/09, you post that you are working full time yet on your blog dedicated to personal experiences on which you say you have had all these problems with people you say that your business has been ruined intentionally by others. I have noted however that almost every day you say you are working on something for some “client”.


You also state on 10/27/09, (only 3 months ago), “Ghost writing is a highly sought after service. Many are surprised to learn this, but it's true. On an average day, I have at least one lead from someone in need of a ghost writer. Some days I get up to five leads. It comes to the point that I have to turn down jobs.” Here you state you “turn down jobs” you have so many, yet someone ruined your business?



On 10/13/09, (again only 3 months ago), you post, “They judged me and snickered at me because I don't choose to show my wealth with monetary means”… and “I am a success” and “I'm not concerned with how other people see me, and before becoming involved in that company, I was confident with the way I am.”
But yet you blame KP members for you having “writers block” and for failure in your business?


On 11/11/09, (two months ago), you post under the heading of “With Success Comes Haters”; “Unfortunately, with any success comes jealousy.” So maybe you are wrong in automatically stating as fact that KP members shot your truck and broke into your home, etc, etc. Since you are so successful and others are jealous of your success, maybe it was someone from that scenario instead of Kelsey’s case?
I was particularly intrigued by the heading “Spin your book to market it”. That is interesting.


On 10/25/09, you post, “Today, that confidence allows me to work for a large number of clients.” Yet someone ruined your career?


On 11/12/09, you post, “I have been blessed with an ongoing supply of work and new clients and some days I don't have time to sleep or eat because of the amount of work continually coming my way. I love what I do and I'm thankful for every job I get, large or small, and I love working with all of my clients. My life is never boring. “


According to this website, you apparently did well enough to not only provide for your own family but to provide running water and an indoor bathroom for another family, plus buy gifts at Christmas for seven children besides your own.


Another post of yours, “My schedule stays full; I typically have a waiting list. If you are considering a project in the future, keep in mind that I usually am booked a month in advance. That's not a hard and fast rule, but for the past six years, it stays consistent. “ Again, you say this yet on your most recent blog you say that KP members and the things that you accuse them of doing caused you so much stress that you had writers block for two years and ruined your business.


So when you post on your blog entitled “Jody Ortiz - My Story” that I threatened and succeeded in ruining your business, that is obviously and now proven…a lie. I never threatened to ruin you, your business or any such thing. That was not the intent of that email and neither was blackmail. Very recently one of yours/Raye’s supporters has been having email conversations with a Kelsey supporter and has stated that they think this whole thing is a publicity stunt for attention for your book. They also stated they don’t know why I don’t just “shut up” and that they are afraid of you. They have also stated your involvement in the ordeal with my ex. I don’t know for a fact if you talked to my ex or not, but that can be found out. I do know however that you are the one (I have copies of the posts from your site) that told your members to “research” me and said “Bring me the dirt!!” You also stated how you spent a whole day yourself “researching” me, but all you found was that I seemed to be an advocate for Domestic Violence, and that you did “not find anything juicy”. I can prove that you have stalked me and promoted hate against me by asking people to research me to find dirt on me, giving personal information to Gayla in order to contact my ex and rile him up against me. You have been sorely disappointed because you won’t find anything “juicy” on me. All you will find is that I am a victim of Domestic Violence and have spent over 10 years trying to protect my children from harm/death. You will find that I advocate for DV victims and children who are victims of abuse. You have found out I am very passionate about these issues and am not afraid to voice my opinions or stand up for what I believe in, despite since being made aware of Kelsey’s case, had my life and family threatened by a member of your group and the threats to find my ex and tell him what sites I frequent and get him involved in this fiasco to try to scare me into shutting up about what I believe happened to Kelsey. Yes I have said some things that weren’t nice about Raye Dawn and the Smiths. I have as you know because you forwarded the post to Janet, apologized publicly to Janet for anything I might have said about her IF I said anything and for my own personal assumptions about her.


As for the “road rage” incident, I believe it to be true. Royce had two of his workers with him, you and your truck were identified as the person in the vehicle who did this. Those people do not know who you are and have no reason to lie and no way of knowing what you looked like.


I don’t know what you know how to do on a computer, if you can “hack” or send viruses or whatever. I do know however that you have stated that you can trace an ip to someone’s front door.


And no, I do not “know” nor do I even believe that you can back up everything you say. See, I know for a fact you cannot prove that 800 books of Key’s pathetic book (my opinion of it, which I’m entitled to) were returned by “KP members” as you stated as fact. I also know you cannot prove that you know for a fact it was “KP members” that did alleged damage to your truck or allegedly broke into your home yet these are things you state as FACT, which make them a lie. You also cannot prove that I tried to “blackmail” you as you state as fact, because I did not. I also did not threaten to, nor did I “succeed” in ruining your business as you have stated as fact. . Your very, very recent posting on other websites which have been screenshot, prove that that is also a lie.


When you repeatedly stated as fact that you were not” truthseeker“, that was also a lie. A lie is a lie is a lie. Does not matter the reason for the lie. Every liar has a reason/excuse for the lies they tell, but the reasons/excuses do not make them any less a lie.



So when you state, “I'm stating that we've had enough of the lies. I'm asking that people quit saying things that are untrue.” I have to say that that is exactly what I have been saying for the past few years to you.
You ask “If I'm a liar, why do I matter? Think about it.” Maybe you are the one who needs to “think about it”. But my response to that is….You don’t matter, your lies and false allegations against people absolutely DO matter.




This posting is not an attack on you. You addressed me and I answered. You asked questions and I answered. You have made allegations against me and others and I posted proof in response to only a couple of those allegations. I stated observations and my opinions based on the facts as I know them.
This next statement is my observation and opinion. Your postings under your real name on your new blog and those of your “truthseeker” and other nicknames portray two very different people. That is fact and can be proven. One has to wonder which is the real you, and which one is possibly the one made up to garner sympathy in the false claims of being a victim and/or to get attention and publicity for your “career” and “book”. A vendetta against Kathie, Lance, myself and others will not prove Raye Dawns innocence and will not prove you are a victim of anything and it will not sell your book. You do exactly what you accuse others of doing, all of which can be proven. I do not state I can prove something if there is any doubt at all that I can.




I am all for some resolution of peace. I also agree that the lies and false allegations have to stop for that to happen. That includes yours. Your postings of your opinions stated as fact are nothing more than misleading, misrepresentation and lying. Asking that you stop misleading, misrepresenting the facts and evidence and posting your opinions as fact is NOT trying to silence you, or stop the truth from coming out. Hopefully a murder charge will be secured against Raye Dawn and then the truth will be exposed in this case and come out in a court of law. One can hope. So are you in agreement to stop lying and your vendetta against Kathie, Lance, myself and KP members? Because you don’t like my opinions of Raye Dawn, Gayla or this case does not give you any rights to attack me, stalk me, harass me, send people to get personal information on me, lie about me or accuse me of things that I have not done and would not do. If the lying, posting opinions as fact and falsely accusing people of things stops then I don’t see how there would be any need/reason for either of us to discuss or post anything related to either of us, do you? And again let me state this is in no way trying to blackmail anyone, or “silence” them, it is only trying to find a way and common ground and agreement to stop all the nonsense that is going on. In order to do that common ground has to be found and a mutual agreement would have to be reached I would think…is that not true? That is the only intent of these statements and nothing more. You said to me you want peace and the lies to stop. Here is my open offer to you…again…the ball is in your court. No lies, no misrepresentation of facts, no falsely accusing, no posting personal opinions as fact on either of our parts. I will be awaiting your response.

4 comments:

  1. Excellent post Starla. I could not have said it any better myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sataojos. I don't know what else to do. I have offered to help stop the crap, now it is up to her I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She will never stop. I haven't quite figured out why though. Like you said, where does her deep hatred for Kathie and the Briggs come from? You would think she knew them personally and they did something awful to her by the way she acts and the things she says about them. Even though she claims that she disappeared for a few months and kept her mouth shut, she didn't. She made up new names and posted the same videos and things all over the internet. She left her trash site up with everything on it and continued to fuel the fire. Now, she is using this to promote her book and probably Raye Dawn's. It's not you all that keeps her going. She will not be happy until Lance, Kathie and Ashley are long gone. No matter what you all do, she's not going to stop. She is a manipulative control freak, the scary kind. If things don't go her way or the way she thinks they should, then she starts hurting people. As is evidenced by your ex.

    Everything you have said in this post, I have been thinking and wondering for a long time. She really does creep me out with the way she's able to turn on 9 personalities.

    I need to say something to Ginger on here because none of my posts ever show up on Topix.

    Ginger, no one dislikes Jody because she edited Craig Key's book, as you posted on Topix. I don't think anyone could have cared less who edited the book. Jody's name did not come out until it was determined that she was Truthseeker and was the one running the website and trashing people all over the internet. That was I believe about 6 or 7 months AFTER the book had been released. I never once saw Jody's name brought up anywhere before Kathie told everyone who Truthseeker was. Jody being Craig Key's editor has nothing to do with this. Truthseeker being Craig Key's editor is a little more interesting though.

    I don't think I can say it any nicer than this because it's the truth and there's no reason to sugar coat it. But maybe TS/JO should grow up, stop trying to make money off of this situation, and just stop being a bitch. No one likes a bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you. The recent discussion on that blog recently about exploiting Kelsey is interesting, considering that they use Kelsey's name in trying to free rd. Also interesting since the new book by JO is riding the shirtails of this case. Talk about "exploiting"! But that's ok, because those that think for themselves see it for what it is. My opinion is that book won't do well. As I stated the postings under her real name and those under "truthseeker" and other nicks she's used are TOTALLY different!
    As you can see, she did not answer my offer to her and I didn't expect that she would. Of course the ground was laid to blame it on internet service, yet it worked ok to post all those copies of emails and videos, etc. One of their supporters already said that they were told she reads this site and checks it often, so I know she's seen my response to her. The truth hurts and sometimes there is no answer/excuse for actions when confronted with so much proof of your lies and deceit. What a tangled web some weave...bad when you get caught in your OWN web. Have a great day and thanks for your post.

    ReplyDelete