Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Day AFter Con't

I have a few minutes so I do want to post something.  First of all, besides the decision of my daughter to come for a visit, Kathie and I had discussed me driving such a distance with the weather calling for more snow in my area.  We still have ice from the Christmas storm and counting yesterday two more snows since Christmas. Although Kathie stated that she would love for me to be there for support, she was more concerned with my safety in traveling all that way as our area was calling for more snow yesterday which we got some, but not a lot. It was not worth risking lives if the weather became bad again.  And as I stated the Briggs did not need me there in person to know that I fully support them.
Another thing I want to comment on is this.  On another blog it was pointed out that Raye had 22 "supporters" there in support of her. My question is this...how many of those "supporters" actually got up on the stand to "support" Raye in testifying as to how the loss of Kelsey has affected her life??
I'll answer my own question. NONE. The only one who testified IN SUPPORT of Raye Dawn, was Raye Dawn herself.  Even her mother did not get up on the stand and testify as to how the loss of Kelsey has affected Raye Dawn and her life. So, did she actually have "support"?  IN MY OPINION, no, she did not.  However, all of the Briggs family members that were there, got up on the stand to support Lance and testify how the loss of Kelsey in his life has drastically affected his life.  In my opinion, THAT is what support is, and shows support of a person, not how many show up and do nothing.  More comments on the hearing later...

9 comments:

  1. That is a valid point... I would have to agree... What is the point of support while keeping silent when it comes to something as important as Raye Dawn has made this... Lance had Live, Real, VOCAL support... Not support form people who remain silent..

    As to the post Jody made... I wrote this and Im telling you because I mentioned you in it:

    Show me proof where I said I was there???? You won't find any because I haven't said that... I said I was going but no where did you see anything posted stating that I was there... Starla was not there and she has said as much... She had something come up... something more important than RD whining and crying.... That comment about RD is my opinion... As for if I was there or not is irrelevant... I said I was going to be there, but have not stated anywhere whether I was there or not...

    That being said, How can you call me a liar??? If I had posted I was there and really wasnt then that would be a lie... If I had posted I wasn't there and really was then that too would be a lie.. But I have not stated anywhere that I was or wasn't there... Only that I was going to go...

    I have not said anything to you in the last few days negative or not and you come at me with this??? It only shows how cruel your actions are even when unprovoked...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!

    Personally, I would have loved to be there to show my support for Lance and his family as well.

    They are a courageous, tight knit, loving family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good post Starla. I know none of you know me, but I need to let Mary know that I am not from the "other side" if that's why she blocked me from her site and I don't know how else to let her know except right here. I understand being leary so it's cool, but didn't want anyone to think I was one of the stalkers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are absolutely right. Numbers do not constitute supporting a person. It's the act of actually standing up, speaking, and holding out your hand to the person in order to help them stand up; that is the real meaning of support.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jullie, I don't know what her problem is. She has since stated that " She was going to be there with Starla to expose me in the media." I ask anyone to find where Jullie OR I either one stated anywhere that we were going to the hearing to "expose" Jody? I never said that and have not seen where you stated that either. That hearing was NOT about Jody, it was about the settlement money. Geeze. Didn't she also state that after Friday's hearing that everyone would "know who killed Kelsey"? I have failed to hear from anyone in attendance of the hearing that that was proven at the settlement money hearing. I'm glad I do not live in her world, that is about all I can say about these things....amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. satojos...thanks, Mary will see it here. Thank you for your support and for your message to Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. satojos, I am very sorry. After the last week, I tend to be a little nervous around people I don't know. I will unblock you immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should check out what she is claiming now on her blog about the injuries to Kelsey in January 2005.

    I could throw up!

    She doesn't care about Kelsey at ALL!

    She constantly tries to downplay Kelsey's injuries and suffering just so she can sustain the support she has built up for Raye.

    ABSOLUTELY REVOLTING!

    God Bless you Baby Kelsey you are Loved and missed Angel. ♥ I am so sorry that some don't care in the slightest about what you went through baby girl, just know that those who do know and acknowledge this, far outnumer those who do not.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shonya is correct. I read it too. Now she has blogged about Jeanna's testimony with rather startling accuracy. Why does she find it necessary to minimize the pain that Kelsey went through? And she goes out of her way to make the connection between Kelsey and her real family seem like nothing. She even stated that Jeanna's testimony sounded as if it was coming right off of Topix. Kelsey and the Briggs deserve peace.

    ReplyDelete