Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Day After, con't...

I have been sent some emails asking about a comment made on another blog.  Comments are being made that Lance was "staring down" Raye Dawn and gave her "looks of hate" and that a "marshal" had to "put him in his place" several times.
First of all, I am unaware of any law that says it is against the law for Lance to "stare at", give "looks of hate", glare, or any such thing towards the person he believes killed his precious daughter. I don't know if he stared at her or not, but I would assume they were ALL staring at her if they were looking at her during her testimony in front of the court while on the witness stand.  I asked several people who were there and not one of them saw any "marshal" or anyone else put Lance "in his place" one time, let alone several.  Yes he is angry at Raye Dawn and that anger is not misplaced.  Who is anyone to say how Lance should feel?  He believes Raye Dawn killed his baby girl, why would he NOT be angry at her?  Even if he believed Porter did it, I would think he would still be angry at Raye Dawn for NOT PROTECTING their child! I'm sure he is angry at Porter too, but in believing that Raye Dawn killed Kelsey, his anger is not misplaced.  What is NOT being reported back is that Lance cried most of the day.  It was I'm sure very emotional for him.  I can't imagine having to sit there in a room all day with the person who I believed was responsible for killing my child, let alone having to watch them testify and look at them during that time.  Jeanna stated that her brother is broken and they do not know how to fix him.  Her testimony was heartwrenching according to those there at court.  Made me cry listening to what she said when I was told.  You know, she lost not only Kelsey, but the brother she used to have, he's just not the same person anymore without his child.  I can't imagine. My heart goes out to each and every one of the Briggs family. The devastation, years later is still obvious.
It also seems that because of some posting on another blog that there is some confusion as to Porter. He was NOT at the hearing yesterday.  The things described are apparently from his deposition.  I would think the difference shown by the attorney between Porter and Raye Dawn says a whole lot.  No law says if he shook Porters hand, he MUST skake Raye's.  Maybe he didn't want to shake Raye's because he thinks she is the one guilty of killing Kelsey?  I did NOT STATE THAT AS FACT, just said "maybe".  And maybe he just didn't want to shake her hand without any specific reason.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for that... It is nice to see a new perspective without pomp and circumstance attached to it. Always a joy reading your blog... Stay blessed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Jullie.

    I like to think for myself.

    I appreciate Starla's blog because she doesn't add little "notes" to sway people to believe as she does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jullie and Shonya. I don't care who supports who, but I DO care about the TRUTH and the FACTS being presented. There is no need in posting my "opinions" mixed in with those facts and truth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already commented to the stalker about her need to spruce up the truth. And, I find it extremely upsetting that she seems to have the need to minimize the suffering of the Briggs family.

    ReplyDelete