Tuesday, January 12, 2010

From Kathie Briggs

Kathie Briggs asked me to post this notice to Jody Ortiz..


Enough is enough. You have spread lies long enough and now that you have written them using your actual name I will be filing a lawsuit. I have never harassed you and I have never posted, read, or logged into Topix. Since Raye's criminal trial I have made few posts and when I do it is with my name. You have twisted words, and flat lied about me and my family long enough. My suggestion to you: start working to prove everything you have said about me is true. If you only have to justify the lies on this site my case is strong. I might add you have also lied about the actions of our attorney's on this site as well.
You claim to be a victim. From what I see you seek the all the attention you can get. As for me: I am only responsible for my statements and my actions as are the other parties to this lawsuit. I have been preparing and saving for this for two years and will be well prepared for all the lies you have told. I honestly don't see the Smith family wanting to help you with your legal fees when they have a family member needing their help. You see, I don't blame them for working as hard as they can for Raye even though I am on the opposite side. You haven't helped Raye at all...and now you have your own legal battle to fight.
Do you remember the day you engaged in road rage against my husband and two of his employees on I-40? Had that not happened your identity would have remained secret for a much longer time. Since then we have been offered proof that you are "truthseeker" and that you used the name "Mary Thompson" to spy on KP members. So when this lawsuit is ready to file I will not be the only plaintiff listed. The list of people you have harassed and slandered is long. As with any good case we have been patient long enough to get all the facts and proof we need to build a rock solid case.

If you genuinely feel your life is in danger I feel for you. I too have a list for the authorities if anything should happen to me and your name is on the top of the list. All of this could have been prevented had you logged off your computer and left us alone.
Another suggestion: when you post the rest of your hearing testimony....remember we can get a copy of the transcript so it needs to be accurate.

A final note: I can't wait for your book to come out. I will be first in line to get a copy in hopes I can use it in this lawsuit.

One more note:


You have made many incorrect statements on your notes about the depositions. I can prove your posts are lies. Your comments about the attorneys are uncalled for and also untrue. Keep posting and thanks.

6 comments:

  1. I have waited for someone to do this for so long. Karma is such a hard thing to deal with when you reap the negative kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know satojos, we had hoped that it would not come to this, but as you see...it never stops. It's time to stand up and do what's right and stop the nonsense. We have asked for this to stop for over two years and it has fallen on deaf ears. Now that there can be no lying about "who" it is that is posting the lies, accusing us of doing things we have not, spreading and breeding the hate against not only us but against Kelsey's Purpose as a whole, it's time to get it stopped.
    Gosh we have asked her for so long to stop stating her opinions as fact...good example being when she says that "800 Kelsey's Purpose members" returned Key's pathetic book to the distributor or publisher. I hope she can prove that 800 were returned and they were ALL KP members. Her harrassment and stalking of KP and its members is something else.
    She wants to complain that Britten and Cherokee report falsely? wow. We can prove her lies she's posted. You know, I'm wondering something? All the reporting of each picture from the hearing, yet one of the most important pieces of information was left out from Raye Dawn's testimony. I'm wondering how RD ADMITTING in court, under oath, that she HAD in FACT driven drunk with Kelsey in the car 5-10 times did not warrant a mention when reporting the testimony? Amazing. Pretty important piece of information isn't it? So many lies mixed in too.
    You simply cannot do the things she has done to people for so long and get away with it forever. Posting all over the internet that you are the "victim" does not make it so. I'm thinking that slandering and promoting hate against an organization and it's members by labeling them a "hate group" to other organizations would be something the attorney will get released to find out what was said to make an organization not want to be revealed for donations because of "fear" of being targeted by the alleged "hate group". Simply amazing, sad but amazing how low some people stoop and for what? Because one person doesn't like the opinions of others? I don't know and will not pretend to know or even try to guess what is going through someone's mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fully support Kathie on this decision.

    All the lies and all the drama won't stop until Jody realizes she will be held accountable for everything she has done and stated.

    It's funny how she defines "stalking" as someone mentioning her real name. That won't hold up in court Mrs.Ortiz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you have something to say that you do not want posted, please send them in two different messages, I can't find a way to "edit" the comments left by others, its either publish or reject lol Thank you and yes I am still moderating the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jody's bias was screaming in neon letters when she posted her notes concerning the testimony of Raye Dawn Smith. And to sink as low as to sing "Liar, Liar pants on fire?" Are we sure she's an adult? Kathie has every right to make that post to the blog. However, Jody is calling it an empty threat. I have a blog to write, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will also be writing my own blog. I am sick and tired of the lies and harassment from Jody herself and her followers which was caused by her lies. She claims that Kathie has encouraged people to harass her, etc. I believe it is the other way around. Jody is the one calling Kelsey's Purpose a hate group. Jody is the one who encouraged people to write the IRS and complain about KP before the so-called "hate" group had even finished their IRS paperwork!

    Many of Jody's victims have sat quitely hoping that she would end these attacks and let Kelsey rest in peace. Instead she has continued to lie about the events that Kelsey suffered in her short life. She has lied about the actions Raye Dawn took or failed to take during Kelsey's life and even after her death.

    I hope that everyone who has been a victim of Jody and her HATE group, will join Kathie in filing a lawsuit against this woman. She was asked several times to stop but, she continued to harass, slander and defame anyone who got in her way. Time to pay up, Jody! No one should go unpunished for doing what you have done to Kelsey, the Briggs family and Kelsey's numerous friends and supporters.

    ReplyDelete