Monday, February 1, 2010

My thoughts, feelings and opinions.....

It saddens me when people use the disguise of religion for their agendas yet are hypocritical in reality. I know the Bible says we need to forgive the sinner. I understand that. And NO, I have not forgiven Raye Dawn. I admit that. The reality of it, is that not many really have.




Personally, I think in order to seek and be granted forgiveness you have to be honest and admit your sin. In my opinion, there will not be much forgiveness for Raye Dawn until she admits what she did and is responsible for in this case. As is evident by her presentencing report she admits absolutely NO fault or responsibility in Kelsey’s abuse and death. None. How can that be? Even if she didn’t kill Kelsey, which I fully believe based on the truth, the facts and evidence of the case as I know them; that she did, how can she hold NO responsibility at all? Kelsey was her child. Her daughter and ultimately her responsibility.



That’s why it makes no sense to me when people try to lay responsibility on Kathie, or Lance who wasn’t there the last 4 mo either. If you can’t hold Raye Dawn to the expected/accepted responsibilities of a “mother”, how can you try to hold anyone else responsible? Especially people that were not around Kelsey in the months prior to and on the day of, her death? A mother has not only the legal but also the moral obligation to protect her children no matter what the cost.



And no, she doesn’t need my forgiveness, I do not overestimate my importance (there is none), involvement or anything else in all this. I’m just a mother who was repulsed, angered, disappointed and many other things by the facts of this case. I was deeply saddened at the end result of Kelsey’s case. This case hit so close to home to me it scared me. Although RD as a mother, in my opinion did not do what she could have and should have as a loving mother to protect and keep safe and alive, her child….I saw those qualities in Kathie Briggs. My heart absolutely tore for her. I knew what she was going through, up to the point of Kelsey’s death.



Someone who is quick to preach to others the word of God and tell others how to live, repent and how our interpretations of the case are the wrong one’s, demands compassion and forgiveness for Raye Dawn, are in my opinion even quicker to fall from their preaching’s, expectations and demands of others, and only too quick to judge the Briggs and others. I have to ask, where is your forgiveness of what you perceive to be the faults of the Briggs? How is it that you can so easily forgive one of the people there that day that Kelsey was murdered, that HAS NOT been cleared of that murder, but you cannot forgive and stop your judgments of those parties that were not even there?



Try to find forgiveness for Raye Dawn you say….to that I answer….when Raye Dawn is sincere in securing forgiveness and is honest and tells the truth, maybe then people will be able to heal and work towards forgiving her for what she did and/or did not do. You can’t find forgiveness without honesty, sincerity, truth and admission of guilt to what they are seeking forgiveness for. Someone else asking for forgiveness of a person is not the same or as genuine as coming from the person seeking forgiveness. As a matter of fact, I’ve never seen Raye Dawn Smith, even asking for forgiveness, that would include some type of admission on her part and doesn’t seem she is willing to take that responsibility yet.





You say to “think about this for 60 seconds” and “it could have been you”….my response is….No, you are sadly mistaken…IT COULD NOT HAVE BEEN ME. And, I HAVE thought about it, and for way more than “60 seconds”. You see, I have been in a situation that had the potential to be deadly not only to myself but my children. Did I always make the right choices? Decisions? No, maybe not always. But when the violence turned towards my children, I did way above and beyond what even according to the law is required to keep my children safe from not only harm but death. I wasn’t that much older than Raye Dawn when I was in an abusive situation. My children always come first, their well being, safety and lives were/are the most important to me, no matter what the cost or risk for me involved. THAT is what “mothers” do, that is what our responsibility is to our children that we bring into the world. So, I CAN say with great certainty that if my child was being bruised all the time and having broken bones, and I KNEW I wasn’t doing that to my child, and there was one other person in the home who could have been doing it…one of us would have been gone immediately. No one could have taken my focus and/or attention away from my children enough for me to NOT see and know what was going on with my child. When your child is being injured at 2 years old to the point of consistent bruises and broken bones, you as a mother do not allow yourself to be distracted from what is most important in your life, and that is the safety and life of your child!!



Some Raye Dawn supporters and family have said that Kathie distracted Raye Dawn with a “custody battle”. Please show me the court papers filed that stipulate a “custody battle”. There are none. It was a well documented abuse case. The documentation is there. Her supporters say that she thought that Kathie was hurting Kelsey, yet in Raye Dawns own words in her OSBI interview, she stated that she didn’t think or believe Kathie would hurt Kelsey. Despite the documentation of abuse AND the confirmed abuse in the case, some of her supporters say that Kelsey wasn’t abused at all, except on Oct. 11, 2005, sadly some even deny she was abused that day. Key even ruled in court the perpetrator of ABUSE was unknown. It was abuse. Those that minimize the terror and pain that child went through the last months of her life, minimize the abuse….should be ashamed of themselves. I don’t think you could disrespect Kelsey any more than that. I wonder if you had been able to look that child in the eyes while her battered and broken body was before you, could you have looked into her sad, pain filled eyes and told her she wasn’t being abused? Could you? Maybe that is something for you to think about.



I have stated before and will state again, if Porter were ever to confess to killing Kelsey, I would be the first in line to apologize to Raye Dawn. And I mean that. I just do not believe with the evidence and facts as I know them to be, that Porter did it. I have absolutely nothing to gain by the opinions that I have and defend….nothing. I’m not writing a book, looking for media attention, trying to get a movie deal, or anything like that. Nothing I say will hurt Raye Dawn’s case or put her in prison, she’s already there. Just as nothing I say will free her. So what motive would I have to make up lies? NONE. I have no motive to distort the truth, manipulate the facts/evidence or to make up or to “create falsified evidence” about Raye Dawn or anyone involved or anyone that has involved themselves in this case. There is no motive, no positive end result in doing those things whatsoever. Maybe that is something those people that are quick to believe everything they are told about me and others that are being accused of doing outrageous things should think about before they jump up and judge us based on lies and manipulation. I have nothing to gain from this case and nothing to lose. Not everyone involved in the drama and downright insanity of this case can say the same thing. Period.

How would I feel if I were Raye Dawn?  I can't honestly answer that because I do not know what it is like to NOT protect my child and NOT put my child first and allow my child to die at the hands of someone that I brought into her life NOR  have I ever laid a hand on my child in anger to leave bruises, a list of broken bones, nor dealt a fatal blow and killed my child.  I know how I think I would feel, but no, I don't know how I would for a fact feel in either scenario because I simply am NOT the kind of mother Raye Dawn was/is.

Hope everyone has a great night and is staying warm.  Blessings to all....

1 comment:

  1. I agree with everything that you have said. How can anyone ask people to forgive Raye Dawn in one breath, and indict Kathie and Lance in the other?

    ReplyDelete