Sunday, April 18, 2010

wow, even rewriting what Sheri has to say....

Ok, I have to say something else here. Went to read the "comment" section from yesterday.  Below is a copy of what Sheri had to say about yesterday followed by Jody's comment to Sheri.  She had to REWRITE and CORRECT what Sheri had to say, to make it say something else.  Now do you all "get" what it is she really does?  Poor Sheri, apparently Jody doesn't think she is articulate enough or smart enough to speak in public with out being censored and corrected by her.  It's a sad day when a person can't speak their OWN mind, in their OWN words without being called out on and CORRECTED by someone on your OWN side.  simply amazing.

Sherri said...


Oh my....what a day. Yes, there are lots of stories out there already about us 'harassing' and 'causing trouble' at what I thought was going to be a community safety / child abuse prevention gathering. The only other community booth there was Exxon Mobile which my brother and several relatives work there. It was ALL about the Kelsey Briggs Foundation and the new book. It was a joke to our community I thought. My purpose was to go and check out the Exxon booth, which I did, and also to speak to Cherokee. I have spoken with her a lot during Raye's upcoming trial, about 3 years ago. I asked my questions, spoke my peace to her. We didn't hand out any flyers about Jody's book in the building. We thought it would be too much on what they were trying to do, and we respected that. Therefore, when we left and went outside, we handed out some to people as they left the building. Oh well....they didn't want us doing that, in fact, they really didn't want us on the community property at all. We were politely asked to leave the premises if we were going to hand out the flyers. We agreed to that. It's too bad that when we went in to see all that was going on that we were not welcome just because we are the maternal family of Kelsey. We were once asked why we can't help in the prevention of child abuse awareness with the Briggs.....they stared at us like we were from another planet. It was not our intentions to cause them grief today..I really thought it was a community thing..NO ONE SPOKE TO US except Debbie, Jamie and Deborah....I don't hate any of them...I just want Kelsey to REST. They just want to continue to keep her in the spotlight forever as Oklahoma's abused child. It's so sad to me that they remember her for Mike Porter's terrible act of murder...Anyway, it was a very hard day to be there, but for Kelsey's sake and Raye's, I felt I needed to say what I needed to say to Cherokee. I know she knows the real truth..



April 17, 2010 11:24 PM

Jody said...

Sherri, They are going to twist the way you stated we were asked to leave if we were handing out flyers. We were already outside. We got the book and you talked to Cherokee and then we went outside on our own and then the man in the Kelsey Briggs foundation t-shirt came and talked to us. We weren't asked to leave the building. We were already outside, and he stated that as long as we weren't passing out flyers inside the building, which we didn't, that we were welcome to stay and enjoy the day. I just want to clarify that because I have it all recorded and they will say that we were kicked out when we weren't. Yes, we were stared at and and talked about and glared at by Britten's family members but nobody approached us in a negative manner.

April 18, 2010 9:00 AM
 
 
To "Anonymous"....those people won't BE at her book signing.  And of course they were "polite"...why wouldn't they be?  That's just the way KP members are.
Now here is Jody's next comment...
 
Jody said...


That's why I wanted to go yesterday. I don't want to be afraid of them. Maybe it was all of the police officers that made them act nice. I don't know. I will be prepared at my book signings, just in case. I don't think any of them want to tangle with my husband.



April 18, 2010 10:06 AM
 
Jody, you don't have anything to "be afraid of" with any of them/us.  IF the things you allege actually happened, they were NOT done by "KP" members.  All the police officers were there because there were anticipated problems, not to make any of those you speak of "act nice" lol  Your threat about your husband is comical.  No one is afraid of your husband!!! Please! lol And they have NO REASON TO BE!  KP members would never show up at an event they do not support and create a public spectacle of themselves as was done at that event.  That is NOT what we do/way we act. 
I do have to say I find it interesting that you are trying to interject yourself into every media event surrounding the WWK book, trying to garner some media time and attention for you/ your own book.  Sorry that isn't working out so well for ya.  But keep it up, it does show the public what kind of person you really are.  I don't think it's getting any "positive" attention for you or your book, but hey...that's on you, and just my opinion!  Have a great day dear.

1 comment:

  1. Wasn't there an "I Love Lucy" episode that started that way? LOL.

    ReplyDelete