Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tooting your own horn too much.....

People who toot their own horn are just very insecure and don’t get much love from anyone but themselves. People who brag about themselves are annoying because, although we all understand that being positive is a good thing, tooting your own trumpet so loudly that no one else can hear themselves think is unbecoming. We also feel annoyed when we come across a consistent bragger because most of us know that people who need to bolster their esteem at the expense of others on a regular basis are generally insecure.



Also remember that people who brag are thick skinned. This insensitivity occurs as a defense mechanism. It makes them less emotionally vulnerable, and less penetrable as a result. They are generally unaware that their bragging makes others around them annoyed, and mistakenly believe that people are impressed by their bragging.


If they have to tell you every good deed they have allegedly done in their lifetime, on a consistent, daily basis, they are looking for attention and validation as a “good person”. How sad, but still annoying.





I know who I am. I don't have to brag. I know what I’ve contributed. I know what I‘ve done. I am secure in/with myself and don’t have to garner attention and don’t care about the “atta girl” replies. Thank God, I don’t have to brag about every good deed I have done in my lifetime to feel validated as a person.



Have a great night ya’ll!

1 comment:

  1. It does get annoying when people consistently state how they stop to feed the hungry; give people a Christmas holiday that NO ONE ELSE WOULD, and other things. Yet another example of hypocritical Christianity. Most Christians know that they don't have to constantly toot their own horn, because it doesn't matter what other people think. All that matters is what God thinks.

    ReplyDelete