Tuesday, September 14, 2010

To Raye Dawn

Raye Dawn

I have to say you looked very good in court on the 1st.  A lot better than I expected a woman who not only lost her child, but claims to be "innocent" and has sat in prison the past few years, to look.  What didn't surprise me is that you sat emotionless and expressionless throughout the entire court hearing.  That, I expected.

I know you know that I fully believe, based on the evidence that you are the one who murdered your daughter.  I don't think you intentionally set out that day to kill Kelsey, but I do think you snapped and inflicted the fatal injuries to her.  I also believe that you will be serving out your full sentence and rightfully so.  My wish is that you would have gotten life which is in my opinion what you deserve.

I really don't "hate" you, I do however "hate" what you did to your child, what you allowed others to do to her and how you allowed others to treat her... including your own mother. 

As a mother of five I have some questions that I'm sure will never be answered and that I will never understand.  How could your hatred of Lance and his family have led up to and ended in such a tragedy?  At that one moment when you could have stopped and turned back, what were you thinking?  That if you couldn't have her, no one would?  That you didn't spend all that time trying to keep Kelsey from Lance for nothing?  Of course you knew he would fight for custody and win with all the abuse Kelsey was suffering at your hands.


 Of course that leads to another question of something you said that day at the hospital after you were told your daughter was dead.  I didn't think anything else I found out about you could shock me, but I was wrong.  Even if your pathetic make believe story were true and you believed your child died of a seizure at that point...  What would possess a "mother" to say that "it's probably for the best with what she'd have to go through with the Briggs? "   How could a loving devoted mother say that about their own child who just died?  Of course your blind can't think for themselves worshipers want to believe that wasn't said, but we both know it's true as it's in the caseworkers notes, she was there and heard the statement come from your very mouth.  That statement in and of itself says sooo much.  I think it's a shame that the jury didn't get to hear it.



I'd also like to know why you were on the phone with your mother during the time you say you and Kelsey were napping.  Personally I think you knew you went too far and had hurt Kelsey bad, and you called your mom for advice and like always she told you what to do and you did just that.  If there was nothing to hide in that conversation, then why lie and say you were sleeping that whole time?  Why didn't you or your mother admit you had talked?   See, that makes sense, because I had someone drive the exact route your mother would have had to have taken that day after getting the call from Porter about something being wrong with Kelsey and obviously she knew before he called and was ready to leave...that time of day, with the school traffic, it would be a huge stretch for her to make it all that way in the amount of time she allegedly did.  I'm thinking about writing Porter and asking if he called your mom's cell phone or the office phone, because I believe she was waiting on his call.  I know where he is and have since right after he was moved there, see, they messed up and had him listed in their public inmate list for awhile, so I wrote down his DOC #.   Of course I have a couple other questions that I will be asking him too.  I had someone ask him a couple years ago and he agreed I could write him, I just hadn't done it yet, but I think I'm ready.  He knows I don't believe that he killed Kelsey so he has nothing to fear from speaking with me.



Maybe you were jealous of the Briggs family.  They are such a loving and caring, close family.  Nothing at all like your own.   At one time, Kathie really did love you like a daughter.  She never saw the evil hidden beneath your exterior.  Not many did, unfortunately for your daughter.  You blame all the problems in your marraige to Lance all on him, but you know the truth.  Do I believe you were a battered wife?  No.  See, I've spoken with some of the people that ran around with you and were close to you during that time and I know how you acted and how you tried to get Lance to get violent with you, and how you were the violent one.  I really feel for the man and his family that you lied to and told they were Kelsey's father and grandparents.  Your selfishness has hurt a lot of people.



I certainly don't wish you any harm.   I just want you to pay for what you did to your own child...by sitting right where you are and where you belong.  I hope you are very lonely and feel that you can trust no one around you.   I hope you live daily in fear of being beaten, not that I want you beaten, I just want you to feel that fear.  I know your own mother has already tired of running to the prison for visits all the time, and being tied up with "Raye Dawn stuff all the time", I saw her own words in regards to that.   So mommy isn't all about her little girl anymore....how does that feel Raye Dawn??  Do you sit there and wish you had family that really cared about you....you the person? and what you are going through and how you are feeling? how you are hurting? instead of only caring about their own reputation being ruined?  Do you feel shut out and taken from those that love you?  Good.  I really, really hope you are feeling and experiencing these things.   I hope what you did to Kelsey those last months and on Oct. 11th, 2005 haunt you in your dreams nightly.  I hope you see Kelsey's beaten and battered body every time you close your eyes.   That is my wishes for you dear Raye Dawn.    Cruel?  naww...see....those are the things your own 2 year old daughter felt and experienced....because of you and at your own hand.   So why shouldn't you have to feel the same things she did?  You get off lucky.  Not only do you get to live....You don't have to feel the terror and pain of the life being viciously beaten out of you.  You don't have to look into the eyes of the one person that was supposed to love you and protect you and save you as they take your breath from your body while inflicting unimaginable pain....and not understanding why.  Personally I think your mother should be occupying a cell next to you.  But she's living her own made hell, isn't she?   As she should.  Janet...well I felt sorry for her at one point and time...because of what your mother did to Ray and what she cheated Ray's children out of....but Janet has her own hell too....I saw the words of her own son and what he thinks of her.....anyway....no wonder you all hate the Briggs so much....their family is totally opposite of your own.   At least Kelsey got to know them, despite your attempts at not letting that happen.  Because of them, she saw how a loving family acts and is.   Because of them she knew what it was to feel loved and safe.  And no, i'm not saying they are saints, no one is perfect but they aren't downright evil either.


I'll close now, given you too much of my precious time and thoughts already...more than you deserve.  Enjoy your life in Mabel Bassett and your self made hell Raye Dawn.   And enjoy what miserable life you will have when you get out in 20 some years.  You more than deserve it. 

6 comments:

  1. I don't know why the comments people have sent are not showing up. Any clues anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. marybowman said...
    First of all, I want to congratulate you on writing your letter. No matter what FKM says, and we both know that they will say something; you weren't attacking Raye Dawn. You were expressing the feelings that a lot of us have carried around for a very long time. I wish there was a way for it to reach Raye Dawn; to make her think about what she did to Kelsey. But, I don't believe she has that capacity. And that is really sad.

    September 14, 2010 6:40 PM

    ReplyDelete
  3. rj said...
    Great job Sis!
    I would love to hear Raye's answers although she is a LIAR and the answers wouldn't mean much. I think I would have just as many questions for Gayla as I would Raye. She knew! How did she just sit there and WATCH? I just don't understand and I guess I never will. Did they really hate the Briggs that much? It really shouldn't surprise me I guess after finding out the way Gayla would spank Kelsey for not taking a nap. I wonder if she ever thinks of Kelsey, other than to use Kelsey to try to free Raye? Does she ever think of something cute Kelsey did or said? Does she ever dream of what Kelsey would be like today? Janet admitted she never believed Kelsey's broken legs was an accident, why didn't she report her suspicions right then? Why did Gayla's daughter stay with Mike after Kelsey was murdered, if they REALLY believed Mike killed Kelsey? How do you let your daughter stay in the same house as someone you think killed your granddaughter? How could they sit with Mike at the funeral? Why was Raye even thinking about a vibrator within two weeks of Kelsey's death, then throw it away? My God, that would be the last thing on my mind. How do any of the Smith's sleep at night, knowing they could have saved Kelsey but they looked the other way? How could they stand on Kelsey's grave and smile/pose for pictures? That is the most disgusting pics I ever saw. Does Kelsey ever cross their minds at all, besides when they decide to use Kelsey to try and free Raye Dawn? Why is there no pictures of Kelsey the last four months of her life? Why didn't any of them fight as hard for Kelsey as they have fought to get Raye out of prison? Why do the continue to blame the others for their own failures? Did Kelsey ever matter to them at all? Why didn't they report that Raye was ignoring the court order about having Porter around Kelsey? The Smith's own actions/inactions got them where they are today. Why do they want pity now?

    Just a few questions for the entire Smith clan. Kelsey deserved so much better than what she got. I wonder if they even have pictures of Kelsey in their homes, or it just Raye.

    Love you Sis.

    September 14, 2010 9:10 PM

    ReplyDelete
  4. RJ raised a lot of important questions. Do you think we will ever get an answer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sadly Mary, No, I don't believe there will ever be any answers because I don't believe Raye Dawn will ever own up to what she did to Kelsey. She will never tell the truth about what happened Oct. 11, 2005. Without that there can be no forgiveness or understanding. She will only answer for her true crimes when she meets God on her true judgement day. She cannot lie and get away with it to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THIS WOMAN IS GUILTY AS HELL HOW DARE HER ALLOW HER CHILD TO BE ABUSED I ONLY WISH SHE COULD FEEL THE PAIN HER CHILD WENT THRU THIS JUST PISSES ME OFF BURN IN HELL RAYE DAWN BRIGGS

    ReplyDelete