Tuesday, June 15, 2010

First of all, to those who read here, if you haven't already, please read the two comments from rjb under the post heading of "Words to live by...."   Those are two heartfelt posts from a REAL victim of DV.  I know a lot of her life as a victim.  Without going into any details, I can assure you that if you knew her story, most people have no idea it is like what it has been for victims like her.  Although her abuser/stalker keeps her in the status of "victim" by his continual victiminizing of her, she is a true survivor.  Most women who have ever experienced some of the drastic attacks she has, unfortunately do not survive the brutality of it all.  She has, and will continue to do so.  God is watching over her, that is the only explaination of her survival.  Plain and simple.  Like most true "victims", she does not give herself enough credit.  She's an amazing woman and has so much more strength than she even knows.  Not only has she survived massive brutality from her abuser, but also in health issues, which in truth, may have been caused by one of the brutal attacks on her. 
And if her abuser is reading this, don't pat yourself on the back ya cowardly jackass....you haven't won yet and you never will.  She will survive this, just as she has and will continue to survive you and your pathetic attempts at beating her.  You will never win.....that is a promise you can take to the bank.  You will be dealt with in the end by a higher court than we could EVER hope to make you face in this life.  That is another promise you can take to the bank.

I want to stop here and repeat something I said to Mary Bowman earlier today.  "Victim...I HATE that word.  It's hard to move out of that status, but was even harder and such a huge shock to come to the realization after such a long time that I really was a "victim".




I hate that word.....it only means and represents bad things, and I hate what it stands for. The Sheriff officer that worked my case for several years down here, was on the phone with his wife one night while he was at my house, he had called her to tell her he was going to be late, she must have asked who I was because he said "She's one of my DV victims"....that was the first time I heard myself being referred to as a "victim" and it honestly knocked the wind out of me. Then it made me cry...THEN it pissed me off.



Some people like being represented as a "victim", it gives them attention, even though often negative, it is still attention. It's like it gives them and their life a meaning, which is sad.  A true victim can see through the BS and knows that is NOT a victim.  Those that can't, I guess are in a good place because they don't know what a real "victim" is. Very sad that ppl like that want to be something that someone who is a true one, would give anything to NOT be!  Sadly, the people who "cry wolf" make it so much harder on true victims of stalking and DV. 

Since I got sidetracked and posted a long comment under rj's, I'm going to stop here for now.  Tomorrow I'm going to post some things with a victim that are going on right now.  Things I don't understand with Law Enforcement.  There IS a child involved and this is a very volatile and dangerous situation this lady and her child are in.  Once again, LE is NOT DOING THERE JOBS!!!!  Pray for the safety of this woman and her minor child....they desperately need it.  Until tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment